- 09-Mar-2017 to 08-May-2017 (CST)
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Full Time
Job Title: Government Grants Coordinator
FLSA status: Non-Exempt Department: Development Reports to: Manager, Community Relations & Advocacy
Position Summary: Promote the mission and activities of The Night Ministry by growing support from government institutions. Represent The Night Ministry to governmental funders and be responsible for government funding.
General Purpose: Provide leadership and oversight for all government funding activities.
Oversee government funding:Cultivate and maintain relationships with government agency staff overseeing government-funded programs at The Night Ministry
- Research potential new government funding prospects and ascertain relevance in association with the Vice Presidents of Development and Operations, as well as lead program staff
- Monitor the release of relevant requests for proposals and disseminate to relevant staff
- Coordinate the preparation and submission of proposals
- Review all government contracts, ensuring that The Night Ministry complies with contractual requirements.
- Act as a resource for staff members regarding government contracts, regulations and forms
- Ensure timely completion of all government grant reports
- Act as internal resource regarding contractual requirements and ensure the timely submission of government vouchers for payment in collaboration with Accounting
- Maintain the government grant tracking system, government files, and other related information systems
- Point person for government audits
- May assist with private foundation grant writing
Participate in external committees, forums, trainings, and other gatherings related to government, for networking and visibility purposes
Meet and strategize with program staff to determine special needs, issues and opportunities in the issue of government relations, as needed
Lead the agency's effort related to the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) and coordinate all meetings and events for the Development Team.
Schedule and lead monthly meetings between the Development Team and Finance Department.
- Attend all departmental and organizational meetings and trainings
- Other duties as assigned by the Advocacy Manager and the Vice President of Development & External Relations
Essentials skills and experience:
Bachelor's degree in public policy, English, public health, or related field
Minimum of two years' work experience in Grant writing preferably in a Shelter experience
- Project/Program experience preferred
Excellent written and oral skills, and attention to detail
Able to work well with multiple levels of government agencies, officials and personnel.
Exemplary interpersonal and communications skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
Flexibility and ability to work with multiple deadlines. Position requires occassional evening and weekend hours.
Exhibit comfort level working with diverse constituencies.
Able to travel locally occasionally.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 20 pounds and drive an automobile. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Compensation: position offers base salary with benefits package.
General sign-off: The employee is expected to adhere to all organization policies and regulations specified by the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS), the State of Illinois, and The Night Ministry.